Hello my angry little loves. Ready for some more grumpy rants? I know I certainly am, and here is one I totally fucking agree with from the wonderful Karen. Enjoy kids.
Seriously people.
Don't let your kids run around unattended in the thrift store. For one, I assume if you pay no attention to where your kids are while you're in public, you could give two shits about them. I guess you are under the impression that your kids are so misbehaved that no one would try to take them, but I'm pretty sure the creepy old guy that just told your kid that he has puppy dogs and ice cream in his van doesn't care. Secondly, never let your kid ride any kind of bike, scooter, car, ect... around in a store. No one thinks it's cute. Also, don't let your kids play with the toys in the thrift store. For one, they are covered in germs (for god's sake, don't let them put the toys in their mouth either. Blah....). You also need to be aware that while you're looking at those jeans that are 4 sizes too small for you, your kid is sitting in the middle of the aisle with 50 dinosaurs spread out on the floor blocking my way, and you're just going to leave them sitting there until a poor employee has to pick them up. Also, if I happen to accidentally stick my foot out and trip your kids while they're running at full force playing tag, don't be blame me. You should have been watching them. Oh wait, you were watching them, you're just more concerned about whatever you were doing to care. Thrift stores play that "all children under the age of 12 must by accompanied by a parent at all times" message for a reason. And do they really have to tell you to watch your children? Just do it because it's the right thing to do. Ok, I feel much better now. Thanks Daisy!!!
Don't let your kids run around unattended in the thrift store. For one, I assume if you pay no attention to where your kids are while you're in public, you could give two shits about them. I guess you are under the impression that your kids are so misbehaved that no one would try to take them, but I'm pretty sure the creepy old guy that just told your kid that he has puppy dogs and ice cream in his van doesn't care. Secondly, never let your kid ride any kind of bike, scooter, car, ect... around in a store. No one thinks it's cute. Also, don't let your kids play with the toys in the thrift store. For one, they are covered in germs (for god's sake, don't let them put the toys in their mouth either. Blah....). You also need to be aware that while you're looking at those jeans that are 4 sizes too small for you, your kid is sitting in the middle of the aisle with 50 dinosaurs spread out on the floor blocking my way, and you're just going to leave them sitting there until a poor employee has to pick them up. Also, if I happen to accidentally stick my foot out and trip your kids while they're running at full force playing tag, don't be blame me. You should have been watching them. Oh wait, you were watching them, you're just more concerned about whatever you were doing to care. Thrift stores play that "all children under the age of 12 must by accompanied by a parent at all times" message for a reason. And do they really have to tell you to watch your children? Just do it because it's the right thing to do. Ok, I feel much better now. Thanks Daisy!!!
Karen - The Quiet Owl

I love these posts so much, but this one was especially poignant. It's weird little screaming crazy children are the worst, but those smart polite ones make me melt! I guess it's not that weird, but um yeah, please watch your children in public!
ReplyDeleteI've never understood why people don't pay attention to their kids in public... And then they wonder why their kid got stolen while they were "right there" with them. Seriously, some people shouldn't have kids. I had this conversation with my fiance the other day and I said, "it's sad that the idots that don't watch or care about their kids can get pregnant with a snap, but there's loving, caring people out there that have to try to adopt or have treatments just to try to have a child." Makes me sick, really.
ReplyDeletePut those rugrats in a cart or leave them home!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteOMG, I am SO behind on this, but I couldn't help commenting! I HATE THIS SO SO MUCH. I was once at Goodwill, trying on some lovely things in the dressing room, when a mexican baby CRAWLED INTO MY DRESSING ROOM. O.O And I wasn't dressed! I was like, WTF DO I DO?!?! I ended up just kinda nudging it gently back out, haha. >_<
ReplyDelete