Wednesday, 7 November 2012

I've got some 'splainin' to do.

Hello guys, I kind of owe you all an apology. I haven't posted for quite some time and I need to explain why. Last week the final court trial over my mums death took place, for 3 days my family and I had to sit in a room with the guy, see all the evidence, statements, and hear details which, to be honest, I wish I didn't hear. It left everything feeling pretty fresh and it knocked me back. Anyway, basically, the guy was found not guilty of death by careless driving. Which to me, doesn't make sense, he killed someone because he wasn't paying attention... surely that is "death by careless driving", no? I could go on and on about how the justice system and how its not fair but I would only make myself angry and upset. If he had been found guilty I still wouldn't feel any better, it wouldn't make the loss of my mum any less real. It wouldn't change a fucking thing. I just have to hope that he is human enough to understand what he did and hopefully he will never make a mistake like that again. An apology would have been nice, but I doubt we will ever get one. The papers have been around and it has been nice to get our story out, even if he wasn't found guilty, I think people should know. I just want to thank everyone who has helped me and my family through this last year. Friends or strangers. The kindness of people has made everything easier to bare. Thank you all.

7 comments:

  1. It is so sad and sometimes, well for here in Quebec, justice just seems not to understand humans and never work well. Its like a lot of legacies but non effectives...
    It must have been hard, I'm with you! Have faith, and continue life...

    Olive xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't really comprehend how shitty it must feel. But I hope you and your family find the strengeth to celebrate your Mums life

    chloe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. I would be so angry. I don't feel the justice system always gives justice, even when the evidence is clearly there. It's fucking ridiculous. So many lives are lost because people DON'T pay attention while on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy, I am so sorry.
    I can't imagine how hard this has been for you, and your family.
    While I know it is hard to see that man walk away, don't think that he is really "free". He has to live with his actions every day, knowing what he has done to a family and their lives. He may never be able to say something to you, because he knows anything he can say is not enough, and never could be enough.
    I hope that you and your family can move forward into the next chapter of your lives, live to honor your mothers memory, and find your joy.

    --Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your support, it means a lot. You guys don't know how much it means to me. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I had no idea this was going on. I'm so sorry that you lost your mum and in such a horrible way. I can't believe the man was found not guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry Daisy, everyone that knew your beautiful mumma are feeling just as frustrated as you are! I know i am!
    I'm really glad i got to know your beautiful family when i had the chance and i feel lucky to have been involved in the happy times!
    I know she would be so proud of you if she saw you now and how strong you've been through all this! You know you have me to cuddle and talk to whenever you want! Love you Daisypops xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...