Friday, 20 July 2012

lady bloggers - don't censor your personality.

Okay ladies, this is going to be a heavy post, full of naughty words and vagina references. So if that sort of thing offends you, turn away. (which i really hope isn't the case, because we all have vaginas, girls. That little lady between your legs, your coochie, its magical.) I'll get to the point. Now, i love pink sparkly things and fluffy kittens as much as the next girl, but fuck, that's not all i have to talk about. I also really enjoy a good fart joke, decent books and strawberry beer. When i first decided i wanted to blog, i was reading the blogs of some amazingly stylish and creative people. Now I'm totally not blog bashing anyone here, i still adore these blogs and i'll always read them. But its just after a while, i started to think "Wheres all the swears? Where are the grumpy period rants? Why are these women so perfectly pleasant?!". I honestly cant swallow (haha, i said swallow) that these girls are really that annoyingly nice. I personally am always suspicious of girls who are calling me "hun" and telling me they "love my hair" within an hour of our first meeting. Now I'm not saying i haven't ever had that girl crush moment on someone you just met, when two people just click, but sadly in most of these instances these darlin's and babes will have told their real bff's how fat i looked in my obviously Primark dress by the next morning. 
This, to me, is how some bloggers come across. Too afraid of upsetting someone that they keep their mouths shut and just talk about how delightfully lovely everything is until the sodding cows some home. What is so much bloody worse, is the fact that i have realised this is exactly what i have been doing. I have been censoring myself on the Internet, and for who? and what reason? its bullshit. I have been writing in a style which really does not portray my real personality at all. I am immature, crude and incredibly sarcastic. Could you tell? No, probably not, because most of my writing so far has made me out to be pretty much a bore. Screw it, i think i can be pretty fucking funny and i should be saying all the stupid crap on this blog that i want. Its my space, for me, to share myself. So if that means a shit load of penis and vag jokes then so bloody be it. Free yourselves lady bloggers, talk shit and be awesome. 
* i will be going back and editing previous posts to a more Daisy-like standard of wonderful. 

20 comments:

  1. I feel you. It's too hard to pretend to be perfect, and it's not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realized that too, so when my vacation didn't go quite as planned, I used my blog to vent. I try not to post most of my relationship-fights on the blog [for Mitchel's sake], but I totally agree. No more pretending to have a perfect life.

    I think we should start a blog club. Let's make a button that says something like "My life sucks. But I love it." Or something equally fun... it'll be a blog movement to post the reality.

    <3 this post. And sorry about my girl crush responses to your instagrams, etc... you're just adorbs and I dig ya! ;) haha.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah It can be awkward to write about relationships, but at the end of the day blogging is meant to be about freedom and sharing yourself. I like reading the blogs of ladies with some balls!
    Im so with you, let's do it!
    Also I much appriciate the fan girl ness. I dig you too!
    Daisy c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I just found your blog through Elycia's and I am so glad I did. This post is fabulous and totally on point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, i was really worried about this post tbh, im so glad im getting a good response about it <3 xxx

      Delete
  5. Yessss!! I loved reading this post! Amen, sista! I'm probably guilty of the same...I want my blog to be a positive space, but I'm not afraid to throw a swear word in, when appropriate ;)

    xx Adrian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally, im glad you agree, i love fiesty girl bloggers! Thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  6. haha! this is a good point. i personally only swear a lot when i am really grumpy, so i never swear in my blog because well, it doesn't make me grumpy. if i do swear it's 'damn' and i don't notice it because damn doesn't even register as a swear word to me. and it is hard to find a voice - and also scary. it's weird to think that those words are what define you.

    <3 katherine
    crave jewelry giveaway // of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  7. refreshing! I hate how it's so hard to convey sarcasm over the internet. You did a great job though!
    P.S. I am also guilty of the above :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i know what your mean, thank you though!x

      Delete
  8. I do really like my life. lol I don't find it shitty at all,...a few years ago yes, now no. BUT I do share my love for whales and being vegan. Some people act like talking about being vegan, saving the planet or Sea Shepherds are like using curse words. I don't care if people don't have the same views as I do, it's me and it's what I blog about. I figure if people don't want to read it they don't have to. Blogging is all about being yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no I totally agree! I'm not saying that all positive people are fake! I'm just saying that sometimes it seems people are holding back! You can tell real positivity in some peoples writing and thats amazing. :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. My blog is for my business so I feel weird ranting on it, but that hasn't stopped me. I have bitched about cramps, people not tipping(i used to be a waitress), about etsy(a cardinal sin amongst craft bloggers. Funnily enough a rant about people trying to ask for cheaper prices for my work, and being rude at my craft stall was a really popular post, apparently lots of other people were thinking the same thing but were too polite to pipe up.
    I found your blog through elycia btw, cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! and i totally understand that when it comes to business, but sometime i think people enjoy a good rant! x

      Delete
  11. Well said! I find it intriguing how different some of the big name bloggers appear on Instagram - suddenly they're taking photos of geeky DVD cases and alcoholic drinks and their unwashed hair; I wonder how much of the blog censorship is to do with keeping their sponsors happy? Maybe none, but it's my immediate assumption. I would love to see more individuality and personality in the blog world - wasn't that originally the point?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its very odd how personal blogging seems to have become a business for some people. I think they start to become so aware of how many people are reading what they say that they worry about upsetting them. Its a shame really, some blogs just lack personality! xx

      Delete
  12. FINALLY another woman agrees with me!!! That's how I used to write and people would send me messages about how I'm not being a lady and everything else, so I changed. (I was way younger) but I'm getting back to being comfortable. I'm glad that when I revert back to my true self I won't be alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not being a lady? thats madness. if being a lady means having to bite your lip about everything and never saying whats actually on your mind then i dont want to be one. Dont listen to that bullshit! be who you be giiirrrrl! hah <3

      Delete
  13. I love this. I can't stand the fakeness of some blogs. I"m especially annoyed at some facebook friends who only brag on facebook, even though I know their lives are nothing like their facebook lives!

    I'm your newest follower so curse away!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...