Good evening, tonight im sharing a recipe for ginger and honey tea. I tasted this tea at my all time favorite restaurant, Busaba Eathia. (seriously, this place is amazing, if i could have sexy time with a restaurant to show it my undying gratitude for the redonkulous noms, this would be the one) there are a few dotted around in London. They serve it with these little coconut and cashew cookies, which taste amazing, but i am yet to find a way to recreate them. It's a simple recipe, all pretty much in the name, but i'll talk you through it anyway. First of all, lets talk about my amazing tea set.
I got this set from Camden Market in London last year, from this lovely little stall selling all kinds of oriental homewares. It came with this awesome tray, all in all it was about £40 i think, bargain if you ask me. I love it, its perfect for herbal teas.
So, back to the tea, all you need is honey, root ginger and hot water.
take a piece of root ginger, and slice it up into long thin slices. I like mine nice and spicy so i use a lot ginger, roughly a handful of slices, but its up to you how much you add.
put your ginger into a teapot and pour over the boiling hot water.
next add the honey, i dont really like the sweetness to overpower the ginger, so i add about 2 teaspoons, give or take, but you can decide how much you want to suite your own taste.
leave it to stew for a little while, then pour yourself a nice cup and enjoy. i love this tea, its perfect to drink when you are feeling a little under the weather, ginger has tons of health benefits, as well as being absolutely yummy.
I encourage you all to give this a go, let me know what you think!

How yummy! I'm going to have to give this a try {& you are right, that tea set is perfect!}
ReplyDeleteyay! let me know what you think!
DeleteWow this looks so good, and especially in your lovely tea set!
ReplyDeleteive got more teapots than i know what to do with :/
Delete