So i turn 21 tomorrow. How does that feel? It feels okay i guess. Its funny, i remember being at school, when i was about 13, talking to my best friend Liam, making pacts that if we both weren't in relationships by now we would get together. Luckily I'm in a relationship and he's gay now. That would have been awkward. This last year feels like it has flown past. I'd like to say its because time flies when you re having fun. Sadly not though, as you may have seen in a previous post i lost my mum just before my 20th birthday. Since then the days have been blending into months and before i knew it I'm a year older. The surrealness of the situation has left me wondering where the time went, but thankful that I'm feeling better. It has been a year of growing up, hugely. The sad comes with the happy. I may have lost my mother but i have found a new sense of purpose and gratitude for those in my life. One thing that has really given me something to look forward to is that my friend Rachel fell pregnant around, well, 9 months ago actually. She is about to pop and i couldn't be more excited. I know it sounds stupid and I'm really not a spiritual person, but it feels like my mums life wasn't lost in vein. Someone else is coming, which is quite comforting. My holiday to Italy really helped me feel at peace also. I felt totally free and without worries. I didn't have to care what time it was or think about work. All i had to do was adventure the astoundingly beautiful city of Venice and enjoy every second of it. I didn't care about sticking to my diet, saving my money or keeping to the beaten track. I got lost and always found my way back. The warm city felt safe. The bridges and winding alleys felt like a home i had never been to before. That trip has really ignited a wanderlust in me. This year i have progressed so much in my illustrating and I'm so grateful for all the work i have got. I have had so many great opportunities and exciting offers. Where i would have been stuck in complacency and not been bothered before, I'm grabbing onto each opportunity now and seeing where it takes me. 21 is going to be good, its going to be a year that sees me create amazing things and grow as an artist. It will be a fun and i cant wait to share it with you all. Now here is a picture of me looking deep and contemplative.


I really admire your honesty and strength.
ReplyDeletexx, C
Thank you Catherine, I appreciate it <3
DeleteYou are definitely on the right track. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteYaaaay thank yoooou! <3
DeleteHappy (early) birthday, girlie. I am sure your mum would have been super duper proud of you, what you have accomplished, and where you're going in life. Last year I lost two of my close friends and it definitely takes time. But now instead of being sad when I see their photos, my face lights up and I smile. I am glad your feeling better and hope you have a 21st birthday as wonderful as you.
ReplyDeleteXo,
♥ Emily
Emily thank you so much! Its nice to know i have support from everyone and that you understand how i feel. Your words mean a lot to me <3
DeleteA great post. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteThis post is so beautifully written. Sounds like you are more than ready for your 21st year! Happy almost birthday, Daisy - I hope it is a lovely one.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kelsea, your comments always make me smile!
DeleteYou are so young. :) I mean that in a good way. I remember turning 21 and now looking back I see how much I have grown and changed as a person since then. You have a great way of thinking and a good head on your shoulders. It's good to be that way at your age already,...it took me till now to be like that. Have a great birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks Jessie! <3
Delete