The weather has been beautiful these past few days. I have had such a lovely holiday. Sadly, i go back to work tomorrow. This time off has really shown me how much i want to travel and how important it is to spend my free time doing the things i love with the people i love. I'm one of these people that really isn't meant for the real world (lazy fucker), I couldn't get a desk job and a mortgage. I am impulsive and i get bored easily. I need to use the talents i have to enable me to live a life where i get paid to do my hobby and doesn't tie me down. Since starting this blog I'm feeling more confident in my ability and way more motivated to work. I'm illustrating every day and I'm getting better all the time. One day i'll be in a position where i can quit my job and work for myself. That will be the best bloody day of my life. I don't want to go back to work, huff. Anyway, here's some pictures i took out in the garden today.

It must suck to be stuck with a job you don't like! I really hope you'll be able to live of your art someday!
ReplyDeleteLovely photos! And I'm the same way. I hate having a "real" job that requires I look and act a certain way and have long shifts filled with boring tasks and spending too much time on my feet. I'd rather write novels, make jewelry, hoop on the streets, and read people's fortunes for a living.
ReplyDeleteSounds perfect. Hopefully one day we can. x
Deletethese photos are beautiful. i love them. your cats are so cute.
ReplyDeleteand indeed. i think maybe you have the 'wrong' real job? get me? like let's say your desk job was googling pretty pictures all day (it exists, trust me, i did that for 3 months) wouldn't that be kind of cool? i have had an amazing few desk jobs where i get to do what i want - design things, take photos, and print off lolcat pictures that say things like 'think outside the box because i just pooped in it.' i really hope you can move into illustration as your desk job - i bet it would be amazing for you!
<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails
yeah, i mean i dont mind my job, its pretty easy going and i love the people i work with. Its just my dream to work for myself! x
Deletethese are such awesome possum pictures! :) that fireplace is darling, which are usually two words I dont usually use in a sentence! haha!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much haha xx
DeleteSO CUTE! hahaha. I love the kitties in the field!
ReplyDelete